The novel coronavirus continues to be unprecedented and disruptive to all. Individuals with severe and persistent mental illness need us now more than ever! Project Live, Inc. has provided services to underserved populations in Essex County for over 40 years, and we take the safety of our consumers, employees and communities we work in very serious.
Due to the current COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak, some non-essential employees will be working remotely. As some of our programs are 24 hours, these essential employees will be working to keep these facilities operational. Project Live, Inc. is taking the necessary steps to protect our residents, staff and visitors. At this time, we ask that you communicate via email or cell phone. In office voicemail will be checked remotely and with less frequency than usual. Project Live will continue its services across all programs and locations.
To ensure the safety for all, we have enacted the following guidelines in response to this pandemic:
– We have suspended all external visits until further notice – Employees are required to wash their hands every time they enter any agency building, including at the start of the work day, upon returning from any break, etc. and regularly throughout the day
– Avoid close contact with persons who are sick – Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue then throw the tissue in the trash
– Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
– Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds
– Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces at the start, during and at the end of the day – Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care
– Where feasible Project Live is working with key stakeholders to finalize telehealth opportunities in the event of increased distancing recommendations from local, state and federal health agencies
– Provisions of food, water, medication, cleaning supplies, soap, etc., have been ordered and added to our stockpile
– Student internship programs will be conducted remotely
For additional information on COVID-19, please use the following link to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/
We would like thank our staff for the hard work they do always, and especially now. You continue to commit yourselves in providing the underserved of our community a safe living environment. Project Live will continue to monitor guidance from health officials and appreciate your cooperation in keeping our facilities a safe space for all.